Welcome to the Southeastern Peanut Farmer’s official website. The Southeastern Peanut Farmer is published by the organizing partners of the Southern Peanut Farmers Federation which include the Alabama Peanut Producers Association, Florida Peanut Producers Association, Georgia Peanut Commission and the Mississippi Peanut Growers Association. The Southeastern Peanut Farmer magazine was created by peanut farmers in 1962, and it has consistently been the number one news choice for the growers of nearly 70 percent of the nation’s peanut crop. It provides total coverage, 6 times yearly, in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and South Carolina. The magazine is distributed to approximately 10,000 farmers and industry representatives across the Southeast. Through the addition of the website, SEPF plans to communicate more frequently to growers with the latest information they need for peanut production and updates on research projects through Auburn University, University of Florida, University of Georgia and the National Peanut Research Lab.
- Producer Education Meetings on WHIP, MFP and ARC/PLC
- Trade and Disaster Assistance Available to Georgia Agricultural Producers Impacted by Tariffs and Natural Disasters
- USDA Resources Available for Farmers Hurt by 2018, 2019 Disasters
- New UGA scientist will study soil makeup on Tifton campus
- USDA Opens 2019 Enrollment for Agriculture Risk Coverage and Price Loss Coverage Programs