The Mississippi Peanut Growers Association plan to hold their annual meeting and trade show Jan. 25-26, 2017, on the campus of Mississippi State University in Bost Building B. The event provides growers with the latest information on peanut production, research and new products.
Growers will have the opportunity to visit with several exhibitors showcasing equipment and services for the peanut industry.
Speakers during the annual meeting will provide an update on Mississippi State University, agronomic practices, the peanut grading system, peanut herbicides, peanut market outlook for 2017, managing foliar and soil-borne diseases as well as managing thrips and defoliating caterpillars. Growers will also hear reports on checkoff activities of MPGA and the National Peanut Board.
- April 2018 Southeastern Peanut Farmer
- National Peanut Board Launches PeanutVision.org to Leverage Key Issues
- U.S. farmers expected to plant less peanuts in 2018
- USDA-NRCS in Georgia and Flint River District announce climate resiliency project sign up
- Georgia Peanut Commission increases funding for research projects in 2018